Getting from Buenos Aires Airport to the city center is a straightforward process, and there are several options available to travelers. Whether you’re arriving at Ezeiza International Airport (officially known as Ministro Pistarini International Airport) or Jorge Newbery Airport (Aeroparque), here’s a guide to help you navigate your way to the heart of Buenos Aires.
Ezeiza International Airport (Ministro Pistarini International Airport)
Ezeiza International Airport is the main international gateway to Buenos Aires and is located about 22 miles (35 kilometers) southwest of the city center. There are several transportation options to reach the city from Ezeiza:
- Taxis are readily available at the airport. You can find them outside the arrivals area.
- Ensure that you use authorized taxi services and check for the official taxi logo.
- The journey to the city center can take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour, depending on traffic conditions.
- Similar to taxis, remis services are private cars that you can hire at the airport.
- They are generally a bit more expensive than regular taxis but offer a more comfortable and private ride.
- The public bus service, known as “Tienda León,” offers an economical way to reach the city center.
- Buses depart from the airport regularly and make stops at various locations in Buenos Aires.
- The journey may take longer due to multiple stops.
- Shuttle Service:
- Several shuttle companies operate services between Ezeiza Airport and the city center.
- Shuttle buses are shared, and you may need to wait for other passengers before departing.
- Prearranged Transportation:
- You can also prearrange transportation services through various companies, offering the convenience of a driver waiting for you at the airport.
Jorge Newbery Airport (Aeroparque)
Jorge Newbery Airport is situated closer to the city center, approximately 3 miles (5 kilometers) from downtown Buenos Aires. Getting to the city from Aeroparque is relatively quick and easy:
- Taxis are readily available at the airport, and you can find them outside the terminal building.
- The journey to the city center is relatively short and should take around 15 to 30 minutes, depending on traffic.
- Similar to Ezeiza, you can also hire remis services for a more private transportation option.
- Public Bus:
- Public buses operated by the company “Tienda León” also connect Aeroparque to various parts of the city.
- Walk or Bike:
- If you have light luggage and enjoy walking or biking, you can reach some parts of the city center from Aeroparque on foot or by using a bike-sharing service.
- Rental Cars:
- Rental car agencies are available at Aeroparque if you prefer to have your own vehicle during your stay in Buenos Aires.
Overall, transportation from both airports to the city center is accessible and convenient. Your choice of transportation will depend on factors such as your budget, convenience, and the location of your accommodations in Buenos Aires. Regardless of your choice, you’ll soon find yourself immersed in the vibrant and lively atmosphere of Argentina’s capital city.